®Enterprise Architect (EA) is our favorite tool for modeling complex business processes and IT-systems.
But the best model is of no use if you cannot share it with a wide audience to spread information, enable discussions and create new insights.
Wouldn’t it be fantastic if you could quickly publish great looking, easy to read documents from your EA model, tailored to your audience?
Why You Will Love the XML Publishing Pack
The XML Publishing Pack opens up the world of XML publishing for EA users:
- Documents that look good and don’t feel like they are generated from a model.
- Fine control over structure and contents, quite independent of the structure of your EA model.
- Reuse and share document templates.
- Customize templates to match your corporate identity.
- Publish slides, documents and spreadsheets as PDF, EPUB, HTML or CSV.
- Add content from sources outside of EA, such as requirements repositories or prose.
What the XML Publishing Pack Is
The XML Publishing Pack makes these technologies really easy to use:
- Use the full power of Docbook, the popular XML schema for creating technical documentation: Images, Tables, Lists, Cross-References, Hyperlinks, Glossaries, Indexes, Table of Contents …
- Create document templates in XSLT, the powerful XML transformation language.
- Templates are text files, so you can easily place them under version control.
Start Using The XML Publishing Pack Right Away
The XML Publishing Pack is an extension pack to the Model Engineering Toolkit.
Using the workbench, you can
- Automate the process of publishing documents from your model using workflows
- Create workflows that are easy to use even for non-technical users
- Deploy workflows easily
- Place workflows under version control
Get started now – download the XML Publishing Lite Pack, the transentis Workbench and some example templates.
The XML Publisher Lite Pack is fully functional, but restricted to exporting 1000 model elements from EA models.